Iowans about several new laws that will take effect on July 1, the start of the state’s new fiscal year.
Investing in Iowa’s Future and Rural Iowa
• Revamped our career and job training programs starting in high school to help close Iowa’s skilled workforce gap (HF 2392)
• Invested in Iowa’s kids by moderately raising student funding (SF 174)
• Incentivized biofuels to help our rural economies grow (SF 2309)
• Expanded the use of tele-pharmacy in “pharmacy deserts” in rural areas of Iowa (SF 453)
• Created new oversight to ensure no Iowan falls through the cracks during the transition to Medicaid privatization (HF 2460)
• Formed a new office to combat Human Trafficking and expanded the definition of child abuse to include sex trafficking to keep more children safe (SF 2258 & HF 2191)
• Prevented additional types of synthetic drugs from getting into the hands of kids (SF 2116)
Supporting Iowa’s Veterans
• Created one place for employers to get Veterans preference information to make it easier for Veterans to land a job after serving our country (HF 2415)
• Ensured that unclaimed cremated remains that belong to a Veteran get a proper burial at a state or federal Veteran’s cemetery (HF 2266)
• Made it easier for a Veteran to receive a Veterans designation on their driver’s license (SF 2187)
To see the full list go to here.