- There were 19 additional positive cases of Iowans with COVID-19 reported on Tuesday, bringing the total to 124 positive cases.
- In addition to the 1st COVID-19 death in Dubuque County, there are 18 Iowans hospitalized with COVID-19, 9 have been discharged and are recovering, and 63 were never hospitalized.
- The Department of Public Safety (DPS) and Iowa National Guard soldiers are assisting with the transportation of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to hospitals and medical providers across Iowa
- DHS has a website with Medicaid provider information that is updated regularly based on the most current practices and standards. Here is the link: https://dhs.iowa.gov/ime/providers/faqs/covid19
- State officials launched a new website to connect healthy Iowans who want to volunteer in their communities with nonprofits: http://volunteeriowa.galaxydigital.com/
Helpful Links With More Information
For the latest updates from the Iowa Governor’s office on COVID-19: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov
For the latest updates on coronavirus and to learn more about prevention efforts, go to the Iowa Dept. of Public Health at https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus
For Iowans with questions about COVID-19, a public hotline is open 24/7 by calling 2-1-1 or 1-800-244-7431
Click below for continuous updates on Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions created by the Iowa House Democratic Research Staff: https://bit.ly/2UjkO80
Criteria for getting tested for COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/hcp/clinical-criteria.html
For updates related to child care, child welfare, Medicaid, and social workers, go to the Dept. of Human Services page at https://dhs.iowa.gov/COVID19
For businesses, the Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) is compiling resources available (including grants) at www.iowabusinessrecovery.com
For workers displaced due to coronavirus, unemployment benefits may be available in 7-10 days from filing. Click here to apply: