Iowa House Democrats believe that Iowans deserve better.
We believe it’s time to put everyday Iowans back at the front of the line again. Iowans just want a decent paying job, affordable health care, and the chance to lead a good life.
In recent years, the Governor and Republican controlled Legislature have imposed policies that don’t reflect Iowa values and aren’t in the best interest of everyday Iowans. At the same time, Republican politicians have moved millionaires, corporations and other special interests to the front of the line — at the expense of working Iowans. They get tax breaks and backroom deals, while working families, seniors and students are pushed to the back of the line.
That means stagnant wages, rising health care costs, and more Iowans living paycheck to paycheck.
Working together, we can put Iowa back on the right track!
BRINGING BETTER JOBS TO YOUR COMMUNITY
- Opening new doors by expanding job training & apprenticeships
- Restoring and protecting the rights of Iowa workers
- Ensuring that all Iowans can retire in dignity
- Promoting renewable Iowa energy jobs and lower utility bills
- Creating good jobs by investing in infrastructure improvements
AFFORDABLE, ACCESSIBLE HEALTH CARE FOR ALL IOWANS
- Protecting Iowans with pre-existing conditions
- Making family planning services available to Iowans statewide
- Ensuring access to quality, affordable health care and mental health care
- Protecting seniors from financial exploitation, neglect and abuse
MAKING IOWA SCHOOLS #1 AGAIN
- Investing in public schools to reduce class size and produce a highly-skilled workforce
- Giving every Iowa child access to quality preschool
- Empowering and respecting educators
- Ensuring that every Iowan can afford to attend a community college, private college, or state university
- Protecting rural schools from forced consolidation
REVITALIZING SMALL TOWNS AND RURAL AREAS
- Expanding job creation efforts in all 99 counties
- Improving water quality and protecting Iowa’s environment
- Expanding access to high-speed internet in rural areas and small towns
- Making sure all Iowans have access to safe, affordable housing
- Increasing cultural and recreational opportunities