Iowa House District 29
Wes retired from the Newton Police Department as a Lieutenant in 2017. He previously served as a Prairie City Police Officer, Monroe Police Department Interim Chief and Jasper County Sheriff’s Reserves Deputy.
During his time with the Newton Police Department Wes served as a School Resource Officer, DARE Instructor, Drug Task Force Officer and Traffic Safety Officer.
In addition to his public service with local law enforcement he has also served as a member of Newton Noon Kiwanis and SYNC (Supporting Youth Through Nurturing Communities). He also works with a local social action committee on human trafficking awareness in Newton.
Wes is a graduate from DMACC with a Liberal Arts degree and Upper Iowa University with a Public Administration degree. He also received a Masters Certificate in Criminal Justice from the University of Virginia, and holds a Masters Degree in management from American Military University.
Wes is currently an adjunct professor at DMACC. He is serving his 1st term in the Iowa House. He is Ranking Member of the Justice Systems Appropriations Subcommittee and also serves on Appropriations, Education, Natural Resources, and Public Safety Committees.
Wes has been married to his wife Kris for 29 years. He has three wonderful children and one grandson.
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Begins
- Statehouse News, More State Budget Challenges Ahead
- Statehouse News, New Audit Reveals Privatized Medicaid Mismanagement
- Statehouse News, Are You Ready to Vote?
- Statehouse News, Early Voting Starts in Iowa
- Statehouse News, Closing Iowa's Skilled Worker Shortage Gap
- Statehouse News, Growing Corporate Tax Credits Need Review
- Statehouse News, Failing Privatized Medicaid Program Gets Worse
- Statehouse News, Thank Iowa Workers this Labor Day
- Statehouse News, Iowa Students Head Back to School