Iowa House District 85
Vicki Lensing is serving her 9th term in the Iowa House. She serves on the State Government, Government Oversight, Environmental Protection, and Local Government committees.
Vicki was born June 21, 1957 in Iowa City, the daughter of the late John and Patti Mott. She grew up in the family business, Mott’s Drug Store, which was owned and operated by her grandparents. A lifelong resident of Iowa City, she graduated from West High School in 1975 and from the University of Iowa in 1979.
Vicki is co-owner of Lensing Funeral & Cremation Service. She developed and facilitates several bereavement support groups for adults and works actively with local community groups on educational and grief support programs.
She is married to Rich Templeton. She has three children: Amanda and Alex of Iowa City, and Nick (and Lauren) of Austin, Texas, one stepdaughter, Kiera (and Scott) Sovers of North Liberty and one stepson, Ian Templeton of Washington. She has four granddaughters and three grandsons.
She served as chair of the Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce in 2000 and is a 1996 graduate of the Community Leadership Program.
She also served on the board of the Community Foundation of Johnson County. She is past president of the Johnson County Woman’s Network. She was one of the co-founders of the Woman’s Leadership Circle of the Johnson County United Way. In 2009, Vicki was recognized as a Woman of Influence and received the Friend of the Family Farmer Award from the Iowa Farmers Union.
Vicki was formerly President of Preferred Funeral Directors International.
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children’s Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, Commonsense Gun Laws and Background Checks in Jeopardy
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Updates Coming to Iowa School Infrastructures
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children's Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, Let's Invest in Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, School Funding Debate Monday
- Statehouse News, Making Education in Iowa the Best in the Country
- Statehouse News, Iowans Need Accessible & Affordable Healthcare
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Begins