Iowa House District 70
Tracy Ehlert is an Early Childhood Educator & Advocate and is the State Representative for Iowa House District 70. She lives on the west side of Cedar Rapids with her husband Justin, her two sons Daythan and Bryce, and her three rescue dogs. Her formal education is in Business, Child Development, and Early Childhood Education with a Master’s of Science focused in Teaching & Diversity.
Tracy is an award-winning early childhood educator, her most recent honor was being named an Exchange Leader in 2018 by Exchange Magazine. Along with running an NAFCC Accredited, QRS 5 rated Early Learning Center where she teaches preschool and runs a before and after school program, she is also a Continuing Education Instructor for Kirkwood Community College and other early care and education organization in which she presents on early care and education topics at the local, state, and national level.
Tracy is very active in her community and has been a volunteer as the Preschool Room Child Care Coordinator with YPN (formally Young Parents Network) for the past 7 years and has been a regular volunteer with Save the Children Action Network since they became established in Iowa in 2015.
Tracy has been a dues-paying union member of ASFCME for close to 10 years, she also sits on various state level and national boards and committees such as the National T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Alliance and the Iowa Early Childhood Workforce Advisory Committee.
- Statehouse News, Remember & Honor Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, Legislative Session Nears Adjournment
- Statehouse News, State Budget Should Put People First
- Statehouse News, Affordable, Accessible Health Care for All Iowans
- Statehouse News, Reaching the Second Legislative Deadline
- Statehouse News, More Iowans Could See Relief through Medical Cannabis
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children’s Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update