Iowa House District 61
Timi is a life-long advocate for those in need. She was born on Beal Air Force Base in California and raised here in Iowa and knows that helping those in need is a true Iowa value. Her father is an Air Force veteran who answered his generation’s call to serve and upon coming home, found work and joined the rubber-workers union, instilling in her the value of standing for what you believe in and with your fellow Iowans. Her mother was an employee of Des Moines Public schools and small business owner who taught her the importance of family values and hard work.
When she moved to Waterloo to go school at the University of Northern Iowa, she fell in love with the Cedar Valley. For the past 29 years, she has worked at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, helping better the lives of Patients and helping Iowans who’ve suffered from stroke, cancer, and traumatic brain injury, to those battling depression and mental illness. She serves as a member of Main Street Waterloo, and chair of economic restructuring for downtown. Helping Iowans is the way she was raised, the way she raised her son, and the value we need more of in state government.
She is a mother of a great son Timothy who is currently attending college and a Manager for Hilton Hotels in Rochester Minnesota. Timi is married to Tim Powers, a retired Waterloo Firefighter, and has a step son Jake who is a nursing student in Waterloo. Timi enjoys spending time with her Family, her dog Baxter, working with her patients in Waterloo, and serving her constituents of Black Hawk County and the people of Iowa.
Rep. Brown-Powers is the Ranking Member of the Administration & Regulation Appropriations Subcommittee and also serves on Appropriations, Education, and Human Resources Committees.
- Statehouse News, Remember & Honor Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, Legislative Session Nears Adjournment
- Statehouse News, State Budget Should Put People First
- Statehouse News, Affordable & Accessible Health Care for All Iowans
- Statehouse News, Preventing Another Medicaid Health Care Disruption
- Statehouse News, More Iowans Could See Relief through Medical Cannabis
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children’s Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update