Iowa House District 14
Tim Kacena is the state representative for Iowa House District 14, which covers the western and northern parts of Sioux City.
Rep. Kacena grew up in Sioux City, where he attended Emerson Elementary, West Junior High and Bishop Heelan High School. He and his wife, Susan, have two grown children and three granddaughters.
Rep. Kacena spent 33 years on the Sioux City Fire Department and retired as a lieutenant. He served as both president and vice president while a member of the Sioux City Iowa Association of Fire Fighters Union, Local 7. He also served three years in the U.S. Army stationed at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri.
Rep. Kacena is a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer in Woodbury County. He currently serves on the SHIP board in Woodbury County. He also helped bring the Make a Wish Foundation to Iowa and was a founding member of the St. Florian Fire and Burn Foundation, which works to reduce burn injuries and assist burn survivors.
He has been a volunteer at River-Cade, serving as Comodore (2017-2018), and he served on the board of directors for the United Way and Salvation Army.
- Statehouse News, Flood Recovery Assistance Available
- Statehouse News, Background Checks for Firearms in Jeopardy
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Free Filing, Tax Assistance Available
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children's Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, Keep Iowa Courts Fair, Impartial, and Non-Partisan
- Statehouse News, Keep Politics Out of Iowa’s Courts
- Statehouse News, Count Every Vote
- Statehouse News, Honoring Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Begins