Iowa House District 31
Rick Olson is serving his 5th term in the Iowa House of Representatives. He serves on the Judiciary, Public Safety, Transportation, Committees and Administrative Rules Review.
A lifelong Eastside resident, Rick attended Grandview College and Drake University, receiving his law degree from Drake in 1976. Upon graduation from law school, he went to work as an Assistant Polk County Attorney. While an Assistant Polk County Attorney, Rick was a member of AFSCME. Rick entered private practice in 1979 and has practiced law in Des Moines for more than 30 years. Additionally, Rick raises and races thoroughbred horses.
He is married to Brenda Olson, a realtor in Des Moines. He has three daughters, Kate Hays, Lesley Zebic, and Samantha, and son in laws, John Hays & Mario Zebic.
JD (Drake), former Asst. Polk County Attorney, member of Iowa State Bar Association, Polk County Bar Association, the Iowa Association for Justice, and the Des Moines Elks. Past board member of the Iowa Harsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association and former member of the Polk County Magistrate Appointing Commission. Raises and races horses.
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Begins
- Statehouse News, Session Nears Adjournment
- Statehouse News, Corporate Tax Giveaways Lead to State Deficit
- Statehouse News, Standing Up for Working Families
- Statehouse News, Working Families Deserve a Voice
- Statehouse News, Education Debate Starts Monday
- Statehouse News, Budget Cuts, Iowa School Leaders Send Warning
- Statehouse News, Thank You for Your Feedback
- Statehouse News, Legislative Session Begins
- Statehouse News, Legislature to Face Tough Budget Decisions