Iowa House District 31
Rick Olson Is serving his 7th term in the Iowa House of Representatives. He serves on the Judiciary, Public Safety, Agriculture and Administrative Rules Review Committees.
Rick attended Grand View College receiving his undergraduate and law degrees from Drake University. Representative Olson worked as an Assistant Polk County Attorney and has spent 40 years in private practice in Des Moines.
Rick is a member of the Iowa State Bar Association, Polk County Bar Association, Iowa Association for Justice, Asian & Latino Coalition, Des Moines Elks Lodge #98, and the Iowa Thoroughbred Breeder's and Owner's Association. He is a past board member of the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association and past commissioner of the Polk County Magistrate Appointing Commission.
Representative Olson, married to Brenda, is a proud lifelong "Eastsider". He has three grown daughters and 4 grandchildren.
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Begins
- Statehouse News, Session Nears Adjournment
- Statehouse News, Corporate Tax Giveaways Lead to State Deficit
- Statehouse News, Standing Up for Working Families
- Statehouse News, Working Families Deserve a Voice
- Statehouse News, Education Debate Starts Monday
- Statehouse News, Budget Cuts, Iowa School Leaders Send Warning
- Statehouse News, Thank You for Your Feedback
- Statehouse News, Legislative Session Begins
- Statehouse News, Legislature to Face Tough Budget Decisions