Iowa House District 62
Ras Smith represents Iowa House District 62, which includes Waterloo, Elk Run Heights, Evansdale, and Raymond. Smith, a Waterloo native, is the son of L.C. and the Rev. Belinda Creighton-Smith.
Out of session, Smith is the Iowa consultant for the nonprofit organization Communities in Schools. In his role, Smith works to raise awareness about dropout prevention services within the Cedar Valley and across the state.
Smith is active in his local community, volunteering his talents to better the area. He has been a youth mentor, participated in faith-based outreach, and served as a volunteer football coach for East High School.
Smith graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a Bachelor's in Exercise Science and a Master’s degree in Youth and Human Services. Smith lives in Waterloo with his wife Amelia and their two daughters, Maria and Samara. They attend Faith Temple Baptist Church.
- Statehouse News, Remember & Honor Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, More Iowans Could See Relief through Medical Cannabis
- Statehouse News, Lifesaving Emergency Insulin Bill Passes the House
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Updates Coming to Iowa School Infrastructures
- Statehouse News, Making Childcare More Affordable
- Statehouse News, Let's Invest in Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, School Funding Debate Monday
- Statehouse News, Making Education in Iowa the Best in the Country