Iowa House District 89
Monica is serving her second term in the Iowa House representing the west-central portion of Davenport. She is the ranking member of the Veterans Affairs committee, and serves on the House Education, Labor, Public Safety and Ways & Means committees.
Monica has been dedicated to serving Davenport through her more than 20 years working as a counselor and instructor at Scott Community College. During that time, she focused on preparing students for their role in the 21st century.
A long-time resident of Davenport, Monica is the mother of two adult children. She is active with Quad Cities Interfaith, a coalition of community groups and congregations that work together to address local issues, such as education funding and access to healthcare.
- Statehouse News, Remember & Honor Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, Legislative Session Nears Adjournment
- Statehouse News, State Budget Should Put People First
- Statehouse News, Affordable & Accessible Health Care for All Iowans
- Statehouse News, Preventing Another Medicaid Health Care Disruption
- Statehouse News, More Iowans Could See Relief through Medical Cannabis
- Statehouse News, Flood Recovery Assistance Available
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update