Iowa House District 98
Mary Wolfe is currently serving her 3rd term in the Iowa House of Representatives. She is Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee and also serves on Administration & Rules, Government Oversight, Local Government, and Ways & Means.
Mary was born in 1963 in Washington DC. Her father, John grew up on a farm in Lost Nation. Her mother Pierrette’s family emigrated from Switzerland when Pierrette was young and she grew up in New York City. The two met while working on John F. Kennedy’s presidential campaign when they were both students at Georgetown University.
The family moved to Iowa in 1966. John practiced law in Davenport for a time and then served on Governor Hughes’ staff in Des Moines for a year before being hired by the Model Cities program. In 1976 he became a public defender in Clinton. Mary and her seven younger siblings attended North Catholic Elementary School and Mater Dei High School.
Mary received her Bachelor’s in English from the University of Iowa in 1989. In the spring of 1992, Mary graduated from the University of Iowa Law School, passed the bar exam and returned to Clinton to work with her father at his law firm. Mary’s son John was born in 1994. He attended Prince of Peace Elementary School and Clinton High School and currently attends the University of Iowa’s College of Engineering.
- Statehouse News, Thank you for your Feedback
- Statehouse News, October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Statehouse News, Home Heating Help Available to Older Iowans
- Statehouse News, Update on Medicaid Managed Care Changes
- Statehouse News, No Education Special Session Despite Efforts
- Statehouse News, Making Iowa’s Kids a Priority
- Statehouse News, Special Session for Iowa Kids
- Statehouse News, Help for Iowa Families
- Statehouse News, First Week of Session
- 2015 Legislative Survey