Iowa House District 36
Marti Anderson is a Des Moines native who graduated from Des Moines’ St. Joseph’s Academy in 1969. She earned her BA in social work from UNI, and her MSW from the University of Iowa. She is a Licensed Independent Social Worker.
Marti lives in the Beaverdale neighborhood of Des Moines,with her husband of 24 years, Bob Brammer. Her stepdaughter, Alissa and husband, Lanon Baccam, live in Des Moines with their daughter Freya. Stepson, Gabe and his wife, Maca, live in Baltimore, Maryland with their children, Violeta and Nicanor.
Marti began her social work career at Broadlawns Medical Center. She was director of Polk County Victim Services. Marti was the first service director at the Polk County Family Violence Center. She also served as the first Community Services Coordinator at what is now Prevent Child Abuse Iowa. Until retirement from the state in June 2011, Marti served 22 years as founding director of the Iowa Attorney General’s Crime Victim Assistance Division.
Marti is Ranking Member on the Public Safety Committee. She also serves on the Human Resources, Environmental Protection, and International Relations Committees, as well as the Senate/House Justice Appropriations Sub Committee. Marti has served in the Iowa House of Representatives since 2013.
- Notice: Marti's Monday Morning Coffee Starts January 21st
- Statehouse News, Early Voting Starts in Iowa
- Notice: No Marti's Monday Morning Coffee on July 30
- Statehouse News, 2018 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, 2018 Legislative Session Ends
- JOIN ME SATURDAY FOR A LEGISLATIVE FORUM
- Statehouse News, Keeping Our Promise to Cities & Counties
- Statehouse News, Unacceptable Mid-Year Budget Cuts
- Statehouse News, Reaching the Second Legislative Deadline
- Statehouse News, Long-Awaited Mental Health Reform