Iowa House District 46
Lisa Heddens is serving her 8th term in the Iowa House. She is a Ranking Member of the Health and Human Services Appropriations Subcommittee. She also serves on the Appropriations, Human Resources, and Transportation committees.
In 1989, Lisa earned a teaching certificate in elementary education at Iowa State University. She has spent most of her professional life working with family service agencies. She is the executive director of the National Alliance on Mental Illness of Central Iowa (NAMICI).
She is also a past Board Member for Friendship Ark Homes, Inc. in Ames.
Lisa has resided in Ames for over 30 years. She has two adult children who both reside in Ames.
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Begins
- Statehouse News, More State Budget Challenges Ahead
- Statehouse News, New Audit Reveals Privatized Medicaid Mismanagement
- Statehouse News, Are You Ready to Vote?
- Statehouse News, Early Voting Starts in Iowa
- Statehouse News, Closing Iowa's Skilled Worker Shortage Gap
- Statehouse News, Growing Corporate Tax Credits Need Review
- Statehouse News, Failing Privatized Medicaid Program Gets Worse
- Statehouse News, Thank Iowa Workers this Labor Day
- Statehouse News, Iowa Students Head Back to School