Iowa House District 46
Lisa Heddens is serving her 8th term in the Iowa House. She is a Ranking Member of the Health and Human Services Appropriations Subcommittee. She also serves on the Appropriations, Human Resources, and Transportation committees.
In 1989, Lisa earned a teaching certificate in elementary education at Iowa State University. She has spent most of her professional life working with family service agencies. She is the executive director of the National Alliance on Mental Illness of Central Iowa (NAMICI).
She is also a past Board Member for Friendship Ark Homes, Inc. in Ames.
Lisa has resided in Ames for over 30 years. She has two adult children who both reside in Ames.
- Statehouse News, Remember & Honor Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, New Investigation into Privatized Medicaid
- Statehouse News, Affordable & Accessible Health Care for All Iowans
- Statehouse News, Preventing Another Medicaid Health Care Disruption
- Statehouse News, New Children’s Mental Health Plan Launched
- Statehouse News, More Work Needed on Health Care
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Free Filing, Tax Assistance Available