Iowa House District 42
Kristin Sunde is the Iowa State Representative for House District 42 which includes West Des Moines and part of northern Warren County.
Kristin and her husband Matt own a financial advisory business, which specializes in helping Iowans protect their hard-earned incomes and save for the future. They have one son, Cade, and spent the last several years as proud foster parents, providing a safe, loving home to kids and supporting parents working to overcome their struggles and reunite their families.
Raised in northwest Iowa, Kristin graduated from Newell-Fonda High School. She attended the University of Iowa before graduating from the University of Northern Iowa. She started her career as a TV news reporter and morning anchor in Sioux City, Iowa, before moving to West Des Moines in 1999 and joining a local advertising and public relations firm.
Kristin is a 2006 graduate of the Leadership Iowa Program and before becoming a foster parent spent many years as a volunteer for the Arthritis Foundation, raising money for arthritis research—a cause close to her heart as an Iowan living with rheumatoid arthritis.
As a family, Kristin, Matt and Cade enjoy golfing together and spending time with their dog, Theo.
Kristin serves on the Judiciary, Human Resources, Public Safety and Environmental Protection Committees, as well as the Justice System Appropriations Subcommittee.
- Statehouse News, Remember & Honor Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, Legislative Session Nears Adjournment
- Statehouse News, Investing in Iowa’s Natural Resources
- Statehouse News, Investing in Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Preventing Another Medicaid Health Care Disruption
- Statehouse News, More Iowans Could See Relief through Medical Cannabis
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children’s Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update