Iowa House District 38
Ankeny resident Heather Matson has announced that she will run for Iowa House District 38 in the 2018 elections. Matson is a long-time policy advocate and organizer, who looks forward to continuing conversations with the district’s constituents during the campaign.
As a mom with two children in the Ankeny Community School District, she is passionate about ensuring all Iowa children have access to the best education and that teachers have the resources and respect they deserve.
Matson is also focused on ensuring that all Iowans have access to quality, affordable health care, and in particular, fixing the failed Medicaid privatization system, dramatically improving access to mental health care, and protecting the rights of women to make their own reproductive health care decisions.
Matson has spent the last 19 years working and volunteering in public policy, advocacy and development. She has always approached problem-solving by seeking to find common ground while holding true to her progressive principles, understanding that good ideas can come from anywhere if you are willing to listen and learn.
Matson and her husband, Chris, are proud parents of eight-year old twins, Emma and Henry. Chris is a family practice physician at Broadlawns Medical Center in Des Moines.
- Statehouse News, More Work Needed on Health Care
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children's Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, New Protections for Iowans Regarding Pay Day Loans
- Statehouse News, Let's Invest in Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, School Funding Debate Monday
- Statehouse News, Count Every Vote
- Statehouse News, Iowans Need Accessible & Affordable Healthcare
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Begins