Iowa House District 60
Dave Williams is serving his first term in the Iowa House of Representatives. He serves on the Agriculture, Appropriations, Commerce, and Transportation committees, as well as the Education Appropriations subcommittee.
Williams was born and raised in Iowa. His parent owned a small business after his father was forced by disability to leave his skilled-trades job. Williams began his career as an engineer at John Deere; during his 36 years with the company he earned promotions to a number of higher managerial positions. After concluding his Deere career, Williams was a self-employed executive coach and small business consultant.
Within both of these positions, Williams led the implementation of new technology and methods to ensure innovative energy and environmental management, quality improvement, and operations management. He also had the opportunity to teach as an adjunct instructor at the University of Northern Iowa’s College of Business Administration.
Along with his professional experiences, Williams’ time as a community volunteer affirmed his core principles. He has earned a strong understanding of the need for collaboration in order to identify problems, determine solutions, and reach mutually beneficial goals. The lack of this kind of effective approach is what led him to run for office.
Williams finds enjoyment in volunteering in his community. He has served as Vice President of the Cedar Falls Board of Education, Chair of the Cedar Falls Utilities Board of Trustees, Chair of the Cedar Falls Historic Preservation Commission, and was a key leader in the establishment of the Cedar Falls telecommunications utility. In addition to volunteering, Williams spends his free time on outdoor recreation, historic preservation, enjoying live music, and sport touring on his motorcycle.
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, Investing in Iowa’s Natural Resources
- Statehouse News, Protecting IPERS & Retirement Security
- Statehouse News, Reaching the Second Legislative Deadline
- Statehouse News, More Iowans Could See Relief through Medical Cannabis
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children’s Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Free Filing, Tax Assistance Available
- Statehouse News, More Water Quality Improvements Needed