Iowa House District 74
David Jacoby is serving his 7th term in the Iowa House. He is a Ranking Member of the Ways and Means committee. He also serves on the Commerce, Natural Resources, and the Transportation Committees.
Dave was born and raised in Marion, Iowa to George and Millie Jacoby, who are now retired. Dave graduated from Marion High School and earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Northern Iowa.
Dave was elected to two terms on the Coralville City Council, where he was a leader in developing policy in a high growth and community oriented city. His service on the Council has been an asset in the Legislature in understanding the challenges of local government.
Dave worked as a Program Director of Workforce Initiatives for 23 years at Kirkwood Community College. He now is the STEM Coordinator at University of Iowa. He is also a member of Carpenter’s Local 1260.
Dave’s wife Lynette is a Director of Johnson County Social Services. She has earned her Bachelor of Arts and Masters in Social Work from the University of Iowa. They have two daughters: Ellie, 19 and Anna 17. Ellie attends Drake University and Anna attends Iowa City West High School. They have two rescue golden retrievers Sophia and Shea.
Dave is active in the Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce, serving on the Economic Growth Committee. He is a Board Member of the Youth Leadership Program. He also served on the Alternative School Committee, Empowerment Board, and Juvenile Justice Committee. He is also a member of the Victory Riders Association, and Parents Against Synthetic Drugs.
The Jacobys attend St Thomas More Catholic Church.
- Statehouse News, Unacceptable Mid-Year Budget Cuts
- Statehouse News, Concerns Grow Over State Budget
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Thank You for Your Input
- Statehouse News, 2018 Session Gets Underway
- Statehouse News, Heath Care Uncertainty Continues
- Statehouse News, First Legislative Deadline Nears
- Statehouse News, Standing Up for Working Families
- Statehouse News, 2017 Legislative Session Underway
- DATE & LOCATION CORRECTION: Statehouse News, January 22, 2016