Iowa House District 13
Representative Chris Hall is serving his fourth term in the Iowa House. Hall works as the Grants Coordinator at Western Iowa Tech Community College in Sioux City, where he was born and raised. Hall graduated from North High School (Sioux City) as valedictorian and stayed in Iowa to receive his undergraduate degree from Grinnell College.
Hall serves as Ranking Member for the House Appropriations Committee and also serves on the Commerce and Agriculture committees. He has championed economic development issues in northwest Iowa, anti-bullying legislation, and has a strong record of bipartisanship.
Hall attends First Presbyterian Church in downtown Sioux City. He is a member of the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation, Rotary Club, Tyrian Lodge, and Sioux City Growth Organization (young professionals). In 2011, he was nominated for the Ripple Award, recognizing young professionals that have made a positive impact in their community. One year later, Hall was awarded the Citizens Lifesaver Award by Sioux City Fire Rescue for actions that “potentially saved lives during a fire at an apartment complex.” In his free time, Chris enjoys cycling and volunteering for local reading programs and the Siouxland Soup Kitchen.
- Statehouse News, Remember & Honor Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, State Budget Should Put People First
- Statehouse News, Affordable & Accessible Health Care for All Iowans
- Statehouse News, Preventing Another Medicaid Health Care Disruption
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Free Filing, Tax Assistance Available
- Statehouse News, Keep Iowa Courts Fair, Impartial, and Non-Partisan
- Statehouse News, School Funding Debate Monday
- Statehouse News, Count Every Vote