The Iowa Legislature is looking for high school students to learn more about the legislative process by applying to serve as a Legislative Page in the Iowa House of Representatives for the 2019 Legislative Session.
Legislative Pages provide invaluable assistance to representatives and staff by running errands, delivering messages, and distributing bills and amendments. Pages also assist legislative members at committee meetings and help the chairperson by handing out materials during the meetings. Pages will work with staff and representatives in the Iowa State Capitol building.
The Iowa House Chief Clerk’s office will be accepting applications until Friday, October 5, 2018.
Guidelines to the program:
- Must be 16 years of age
- Applications are accepted for the Senate, House, or Legislative Services Agency
- Uniforms are provided
- Living arrangements are unsupervised and must be found on your own
- Students are responsible for transportation to and from the State Capitol
- This is a paid position and some excused absences are permitted
- Students are expected to be able to handle any school responsibilities
- Parental permission is required to participate in this program
For more details and how to apply go to www.legis.iowa.gov/agencies/careers.