Iowa House District 64
Bruce Bearinger is a long term resident of Oelwein and a former teacher. Bruce taught high school agriculture and has served as FFA advisor at Preston, Oelwein, and Jesup high schools. During his 17 year tenure as teacher he helped with a variety of community services; including farm safety, environmental projects, and charity events. He has previously worked as the Education Director for Iowa State Extension in Buchannan County and Regional Extension Director. Bruce also served as the Economic Development Director at Oelwein Chamber and Area Development.
For the upcoming legislative session, Rep. Bearinger will serve on the Appropriations, AG/NR Budget Subcommittee, and Natural Resources Committees. And is a ranking member of the agriculture Committee.
Bearinger served on the Oelwein city council and served on the economic development finance committee, worked on local food initiatives, and helped develop a health and wellness survey for Oelwein. Bruce was a member of the Oelwein Jaycees, a member of the Oelwein Rotary Club, and a donor to the Fine Arts Guild of Oelwein.
Bearinger helped launch the Heartland Acres Agribition Center in Independence and served on its first Board of Directors. While working for ISU Extension, he also served on the Buchannan County Food Pantry Board and the Volunteer Coop Board. Bruce was also with the Feed Department Manager at the Maynard Coop.
He and his wife, Eileen, live in Oelwein and are active at Sacred Health Catholic Church. His wife works at Fidelity Bank and they have two children. Their son, Kurt, works as a community and regional planner in the Twin Cities area. Their daughter, Rachel, recently graduated from the University of Northern Iowa, where she studied music education with the goal of becoming a K-12 band director.
- Statehouse News, Remember & Honor Iowa Veterans
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Recap
- Statehouse News, Investing in Iowa’s Natural Resources
- Statehouse News, Affordable & Accessible Health Care for All Iowans
- Statehouse News, Preventing Future Medicaid Health Care Disruptions
- Statehouse News, More Iowans Could See Relief through Medical Cannabis
- Statehouse News, Flood Recovery Assistance Available
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Updates Coming to Iowa School Infrastructures