Iowa House District 59
Bob Kressig is serving his seventh term in the Iowa House of Representatives. He serves as a member of the Public Safety committee as well as Commerce, Local Government, Environmental Protection, and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee. Bob also serves on the Criminal Justice Information System Advisory Committee, and Statewide Interoperable Communications System Board.
Bob Kressig is the former Chairman of the Cedar Falls Planning and Zoning Commission, and a current member of Veridian Credit Union Board of Directors. Bob also serves on the University of Northern Iowa’s Metal Casting Center Board of Directors and as advisory member on the UNI Center for Educational Transformation. Also, serves on the Allen Hospital Child Protection Center Advisory Board. Lastly, Bob enjoys being a member of the Cedar Falls Lions Club.
Bob worked for John Deere for 31 years and is now retired. He was a John Deere/UAW Joint Trainer for 10 years.
Bob was born in Dubuque and grew up in Waterloo. His parents were owners of Verdies café in Waterloo. Bob attended Columbus High School and Waterloo West. After graduation, he attended Hawkeye Tech, completing welding coursework. He also attended the University of Northern Iowa, completing his coursework for State of Iowa Post Secondary Teaching license.
Bob is married to Liz Kressig, who is a para-educator in the Cedar Falls Community School District. They have two daughters, Molly and Laura. Bob and Liz also have four grandchildren, Brianna Gavin, Hailey, and Madison.
Bob enjoys cycling, has ridden RAGBRAI several years, and enjoys riding the trails in Cedar Valley.
- Statehouse News, New Investments for Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Mid-session Legislative Update
- Statehouse News, Free Filing, Tax Assistance Available
- Statehouse News, Expanding Children's Mental Health Services
- Statehouse News, Let's Invest in Iowa Schools
- Statehouse News, Keep Politics Out of Iowa’s Courts
- Statehouse News, Making Education in Iowa the Best in the Country
- Statehouse News, Iowans Need Accessible & Affordable Healthcare
- Statehouse News, 2019 Legislative Session Begins
- Statehouse News, More State Budget Challenges Ahead